Wolfsburg Edition, is there such a thing?

Guest nathangt4

Guest nathangt4

Hello,

My mate has recently bought a 96 N (I think) VR6 in dark Grey/Silver. My question is this, Is there such a thing as a wolfsburg edition? he has been told it is but I have had no joy through google tracking down a definative answer. I have had 1 person so far saying that there is no such thing and it is just the town they are made in so can anyone clarify this for me please?

Thank You

Nathan

That was impressibly diplomatic there steve! big * from me!

On a serious note, I have heard that Wolfsburg is where the VW factory is i.e. the home of VW, and they when they make special editions they carry the Wolfsburg name, however i have never seen an original and would have thought they'd be as rare as the campaign model on the mk1's and therefore priced and kept accordingly.

Surely they dont manufacture all vw's in Germany???

They made the old beetles there until a few years ago! think they only stopped about 10 years ago or something like that! Yes Wolfsburg is the home of VW, like Hethel in Norfolk is the home of Lotus. They make VW all over the world, but Wolfsburg is where Mr VW started out in his Garden shed! WEll not exactly but you get the idea. If you ever go to Germany you will find that a lot of VW have a Wolfsburg number plate as the workers get a huge discount, so they all buy them keep them until they are allowed another and sell it on for almost the same as they bought it for. I was born in Germany, and by the sounds of things conceived in the back of a Mk1 GTi!!! With a Wolfsburg numberplate! Mother told me all about her GTi and how she got it off a worker, and it had a fault with the steering and she put it in a ditch!!!!!